Make your family happy with this unique and special experience
Designed for those families who are looking for a joint and unique experience in a wonderful place. Good times together like when you go on a weekend to ski or snowboard if you live in the mountains, but this time the lift becomes a fun buggy and the descent with light clothes.
If you have never practiced these sports in the snow, you can start practicing them in the sand and then get motivated to visit the snow.
Important: Is necesary to be in our office 45 minuts before to select the equipment and give a introduction about the activity before to leave to the dunes.
This schedule is very requested by travelers who arrive during the night of the previous day and do not have time to do it during the afternoon the next day.
Our office is open from 10am until 7pm, if you stay in Huacachina and arrive before closing hours, you can go to our office to select the equipment and have it ready the next morning.
If you prefer to come the same day in the morning, please be 30 minutes before starting the activity to prepare the equipment.
From the first meeting (02:30pm approx.) in our office until the experience ends, it is approximately 3.5 hrs to 04 hrs, the duration since we left our school towards the dunes is approximately 02 hrs 45 minutes.
We recommend you visit the Oasis Huacachina before because it is an incredible place to enjoy, if you want more information about the place and what to do, you can visit: www.oasishuacachina.com
Before going inside the desert in buggy, we will do a previous training in front of our school (South Dune) between 30 minutes or 40 minutes so that the instructor knows the level of each of the travelers.
We will go an average of 12 km around the desert of Huacachina for 02 hours and visit between 05 to 06 dunes maximun (It will depend on the level of descent of each one)
The sunset (afternoon schedule) is incredible in this area and although our focus is to take advantage of the dunes to slide, you can also appreciate the sunset with a spectacular view and our instructors will help you capture those moments with photos and videos.
If someone in my family doesn’t want to sandboard or sandskiing?
- If one of you does not want to do sandboarding or sandskiing, heor she can accompany and enjoy the buggy ride and the impressive desert offered by the Oasis Huacachina, also is possible totry the sandsledding.
We practice skiing and want to do sandskiing, but is it possible to try sandboarding too?
- Yes! It is possible to organize one or two additional complete sandboarding equipment and if more than two family members want to try, everyone is provided with additional boots to share and test the experience.
From what age can my children do the activity?
- According to the government regulation for this type of adventure tourism, the age allowed is from 08 years of age.
Does not include:
- 08:00 | 09:00 | 10:00 | 11:00 AM: Depending on the time you choose we will start selecting the equipment and give you the induction before to leave to the dunes..
- 1st Part: We go to the training dune in front of our school (walking 10 minutes) to make the first descents in about 40 to 50 meters of dune..
- 2nd Part: Our dune buggy will pick us up and will bring us to the best and highest sand dunes of the desert.
- 3rd Par: Returning to the school and we will share pictures and videos.
- 02:30 PM: Arrangements of the equipment and introduction by our team SandSnow (If you are in Huacachina before, you can visit us from 10:30 am to select and test the equipment)
- 03.15 PM: Meeting at our school to start with your SANDPERU EXPERIENCE!.
- 03:30 PM: We go to the training dune in front of our school (walking 10 minutes) to make the first descents in about 40 to 50 meters of dune..
- 04.00 PM: Showtime: Our dune buggy will pick us up and will bring us to the best and highest sand dunes of the desert.
- 06.15 PM: Returning to the school we will share pictures and videos.
- 02:45 PM: Arrangements of the equipment and introduction by our team SandSnow (If you are in Huacachina before, you can visit us from 10:30 am to select and test the equipment)
- 03.40 PM: Meeting at our school to start with your SANDPERU EXPERIENCE!.
- 04:00 PM: We go to the training dune in front of our school (walking 10 minutes) to make the first descents in about 40 to 50 meters of dune..
- 04.30 PM: Showtime: Our dune buggy will pick us up and will bring us to the best and highest sand dunes of the desert.
- 06.30 PM: Returning to the school we will share pictures and videos.
- Wear light clothes (shorts, leggings, t-shirt), take a jacket for the wind.
- Use suncreen
- Cover your electronics things if you get it in the desert.
- Use moskito repellent (specially from november to april).
- Use sunglasses
Our secret point is really special for us and you will know why when you arrive.
We are infront the dunes of Huacachina, located in the hostel Desert Nigth (Terrace Sandboarding Peru | SandSnow School)
You can store your luggage in our school during the time you do the activity.
You can take a quick shower after the activity if you no longer have access to your accommodation.
- You can rest in the terrace.
I would 100% recommend going back. Don’t let anyone’s age fool you, they’re a great group of couple, very considerate of all skill levels, and push you to try new… read more
I didn’t love the idea of laying down in the sand willingly so I was searching for something a little different to do during my time in Huacachina. I could… read more
What fun that was skiing down the sand dunes! Worth the money and definitely recommend doing it!! No one else was skiing so I basically had the dunes for my… read more
MORE SAND EXPERIENCES
Each experience according to the travel style you make (alone, with your partner, with your family or friends, also corporate trips) and we guarantee them with the desert route and with the prices that we can offer.